We got a new segment that's going to make it's debut here pretty soon and it's asking the tough questions and getting to know players and coaches in different leagues better. It's called 5 questions and it's about asking questions about different parts of their career. It's going to be 5 questions divided into 3 parts.
The first question is about something in their past like how they started to get into the game or a certain part like coaching or the first time they thought they had superstar potential. Questions 2 and 3 are about what they are doing currently in their careers, teams or if like they are a free agent, how that is coming up. The final 2 questions are about their futures. Like if it's a junior player for instance, it's about their chances to play in college and the pros, or if it's like a coach, about their chances to move up from being an assistant to a head coach or the Junior to the Pro levels.
Last night, I sent the questions to Seattle Thunderbirds Forward Colin Jacobs and when he gets a chance to answer. I will post them here and on American Junior Hockey.
Here's the questions that I asked him.
1. How did you get started playing hockey in the D/FW Area?
2. What are the biggest changes about playing hockey in D/FW and in Seattle?
3. What needs to happen to turnaround the slow start to the Seattle Thunderbirds season?
4. What do you need to work on the most to have a shot to play for the national team at the U18 & U20 World Championship teams?
5. What would be your dream team or players to play for or with in the NHL?
I will also add some quick hits to ask him questions away from the ice. Hopefully to get a chance to get to know them better.
Look for his answers soon and I hope to get to do more questions to more players and coaches in different levels.
Improving the Fan Experience At Nationwide Arena - A Hypothetical Exercise - If you were given control of the Columbus Blue Jackets, what would you do? Summer is a slow time for hockey news, and we are probably all sick of debati...
4 hours ago