Monday, January 4, 2010

Q & A with Fargo Force Forward Johnnie Seafoss

It's another Southwest based Q & A as we have another Fargo Force player answering questions. Recently it was Oklahoma City native Chase Grant. This time it's Johnnie Seafoss who's from the D/FW Suburb of Colleyville. So far this season for the Force, he has 21 points (11G 10A) through 29 games played this season.

Currently the Fargo Force are in 2nd place in the West Division and are looking to get back to the Clark Cup Championship after sweeping through the West Division Semifinal against the Omaha Lancers and the Division Final against the Lincoln Stars. When they arrived to the USHL Clark Cup Final, the Force won game 1 against Indiana before losing the next 3 and the league championship against the Ice.

They felt they improved throughout the season last year to get them to this point and to have a shot of defending the Division Championship and winning the Clark Cup this year. As for Seafoss himself, he has 55 career points in 89 regular season games and then in last year's Clark Cup Playoffs, he was able to score 4 points (2G 2A) in 10 playoff games last season.

In his questionnaire that I sent recently, he talks about how he stands out from a growing talent pool in the D/FW Area, Last year's Clark Cup Run and his hopes for this season. Also on why he picked the University of Nebraska-Omaha to play his college hockey. He tells us what his best and worst road trips and about how he gets ready for game nights.

1. In an area that's starting to develop some fantastic talent like Chris Brown and Austin Smith in recent years, how do you stand out from the crowd?

Texas has produced some great players over the last 5 years, but I never try to match my self up against them to stand out. I'm more concerned about sitting my own goals and doing my best versus comparing myself to others.

2. After Making the USHL Clark Cup Championship last year, did you think that the team overachieved last year and do you think you get back this season?

Making the Clark Cup last year I don't think we over achieved because throughout the entire year. I'm confident to say were the hardest working team during the season. whatever in a practice and/or a game. We were the most improved team by far and our hard work got us to where we ended up. I feel the Force can go a very long way this year just as we did last year.

3. What are goals in the terms of stats and what else do you want to work on this season to improve your play this season?

As for the 2009-2010 season I would like to put up around 45-50 points. Even though I think there is many factors that make you a good hockey player other then putting points up on the board.

4. How did you decide on the University of Nebraska-Omaha as your college to continue your hockey career for the next 4-5 years?

Next year at UNO I think I can bring speed and energy to the team. I got the chance to watch them play earlier this year and thought they had some good forwards on the team. I feel like I can help them out on the penalty kill and be a player they can count on every single night.

5. What else made you decide on choosing the University of Nebraska-Omaha besides playing hockey?

Visiting UNO I was pretty impressed with the College itself. I loved how it was in the city of Omaha and I could really see myself enjoying living and going to school there. I hope to study in Business as my major.


Quick Hits

Best Road Trip: it's the Sioux City Musketeers, it's pretty close and I love playing at that arena.

Worst Road Trip: the Indiana Ice, way to long of a bus ride.

Thing you miss about Dallas: I miss all the great restaurants in the Dallas Area.

How do you get ready for game night: Listening to Music and I usually like joking around and keep relaxed.

What Celebrity would make a great Hockey Player? Mark Wahlberg, great athlete and very intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment