Friday, October 22, 2010

Hatcher Brothers and Jeremy Roenick inducted into USA Hockey Hall of Fame

Former Dallas Stars Defensemen & Captain Derian Hatcher as well as his brother Kevin, plus one of the USA's best players from the last 2 decades in Jeremy Roenick have been officially inducted into the USA Hockey Hall-of-Fame which was on Thursday Night up in Buffalo, New York.

Derian Hatcher spent a dozen seasons with the Stars as he was with them from 1991-to-2003 while his brother Kevin was with the team with just 2 years from 1994-to-1996 during the early years when the Dallas Stars were first starting out after their move from the Twin Cities. For Stars fans, the biggest moment with both Derian Hatcher broke Jeremy Roenick's Jaw back in April of 1999.

Here's Derian Hatcher breaking Jeremy Roenick's Jaw


Here's a look at the profiles of the newest members.

Art Berglund

Derian Hatcher

Kevin Hatcher

Dr. V George Nagobads

Jeremy Roenick

Ceremony Photos


Here's the Press Release from USA Hockey

The USA Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2010 - Art Berglund, Derian Hatcher, Kevin Hatcher, Dr. V. George Nagobads and Jeremy Roenick - was formally enshrined here tonight at an induction ceremony and dinner held at HSBC Arena, home of the National Hockey League's Buffalo Sabres. Nearly 400 people were on hand for the night's sold out celebration.

"We have a sensational class joining the US Hockey Hall of Fame tonight," said Dave Ogrean EXC. Director of USA Hockey. "I'd particulars like to think the Buffalo Sabres for hosting a great celebration."

"I want to think the selection committee that nominated and selected me for the Hall of Fame. I cherish this evening," said Berglund. "I also want to give a special thanks to USA Hockey and all the directors and members and members of the exc. committee who are here tonight."

"It is a great night for myself, my family and for everyone here," said Derian Hatcher. "I like to think the USA Hockey Hall of Fame and all of USA Hockey for making this possible. I'm truly honored. This is quite an achievement and i'm very humbled."

"This is truly an honor for me and my family to all be here on such a special night," said Kevin Hatcher. "I'd like to think the selection committee and the other inductees. To be associated with them is truly an honor. USA Hockey has been such a tremendous experience for me."

"I just don't have enough words to express my happiness and the honor I fell," said Nagobads. "I would like to think USA Hockey administration, the USA Hockey Hall of Fame committee that give me the opportunity to join this very highly distinguished group, and to my family who has been so supportive of me."

"It's real special to be here and i'm extremely humbled," said Roenick. "To go into this prestigous Hall of Fame, with the people that have come before me, it's really special. I would like to thank USA Hockey, not only for this award, but for what it has done for me. There's no way myself, Derian, Kevin, Tony [Amonte] would be here if it weren't for USA Hockey and the development it's put into its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment