Blake Coleman is a rugged forward who's looking to help the Indiana Ice bring home the USHL Clark Cup Championship for the 2nd straight year. The forward who's from the Dallas Area of Suburb of Plano is having a pretty strong season as he started the season with the Tri-City Storm as he was mostly used as a set up man and was an important part of the PP where 7 of his 12 points with the Storm came on the PP.
Then back in December, he got traded from the Tri-City Storm to the Indiana Ice where he's starting to get more goal scoring chances and starting to improve his defense as well.
He has 27 points in 56 games played this season and will be looking to help bring the Ice their 2nd Straight Clark Cup and he also signed with Miami of Ohio University this season as he looks to bring a strong end to his junior career with a strong playoff run this spring.
In the Q&A I asked him about being traded, playing Cedar Rapids in the playoffs and why he choose the Miami of Ohio to play College Hockey.
Blake Coleman Player Profile: http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=3200319&seasonid=4429
Here's the Q&A
1. What the biggest adjustment you have had to make when you got traded from the Tri-City Storm to the Indiana Ice back in December.
Earning my spot on the team and respect of my teammates.
2. Even though you weren't their for the USHL Clark Cup Championship last year, what has the coaching staff been saying about winning a championship as an underdog with the Ice being the #3 seed in the East Division playoffs?
As you win the little battles and pay attention to small details you will win.
3. What part of your game needs to improve the most with the playoffs about to start and with you going to Miami of Ohio after your junior hockey career is over?
Making sure I'm solid defensively and stopping all the pucks.
4. What made you decide on going to Miami of Ohio for your hockey career? What is it the coaching staff, style of play, something you wanted to study, stuff behind the scenes?
It's a nice town, respectable programs, good coaches, and the girls didn't hurt either.
5. Is your team excited or not in your opinion that the Ice are going to play the Cedar Rapids Roughriders in the opening round of the playoffs for the 2nd straight year?
Very Excited, because it's a team we will match up well with.
6. Best & Worst Part about living and playing in Indianapolis?
Best: Teamates and the Housing Worst: Gas used from so much driving.
7. Your favorite and most dreaded road trips in the USHL?
Best: Chicago Steel Worst: Lincoln Stars
8. Best way to get hyped up for a game?
Preseason Game 1X Recap - Forget About the Score - Do you like penalties? Because that’s how you get penalties. Welcome back, hockey fans! It may just be preseason hockey and it might not actually count ...
1 hour ago