The rosters for the Sweden and Belarus squads for the World Jr. A Challenge is now out.
For Sweden, they are making their team debut at this event and are looking to grow their strength at the Junior Levels as the Junior teams in Sweden have exploded in strength in recent years. This could be a warm up as Sweden teams have come up just short in recent U20 and U18 World Championships as they look to win their first World Championship in the Junior Levels. Nearly all the Swedish Players play in the Swedish U20 Elite Leagues.
For Belarus, this one of the biggest events of the year for them to be on the world spotlight as they won't by playing in the World Junior Championship this season. However, they could competiting for spots when they host the World U18 Championships coming later in the season coming up in April which will be in the countries capital of Minsk.
Most of the players for Belarus will be coming from the Belarusian National League with a couple in the USA Junior and Canadiean Junior A leagues.
I'm hoping to find the Russian Roster soon as they will most likely be the final team to revel their roster.
1. Artynski Stanislau, HC Younost Minsk (BLR)
2. Baradulia Aliaskandr, HC Younost Minsk (BLR)
3. Volkau Dzmitry, HC Khimvolokno (BLR)
4. Bahaleishia Siarhei, HC Neman Grodno (BLR)
5. Hrybko Dzianis, HC Younost Minsk (BLR)
6. Zholudzeu Kanstantsin, HC Khimik (BLR)
7. Nagachev Evgeniy, HC Shakhtar (BLR)
8. Raitsou Viachaslau, HC Khimvolokno (BLR)
9. Sadovik Aliaksei, HC Kkimik (BLR)
10. Kharamanda Mikhail, HC Gomel (BLR)
11. Sheleg Siarhei, HC Younost Minsk (BLR)
12. Bojarskih Valeri, HC Younost Minsk (BLR)
13. Brykun Kiryl, HC Metallurg Zhlobin (BLR)
14. Drozd Siarhei, Tri-City Americans (WHL)
15. Karolik Siarhei, HC Younost Minsk (BLR)
16. Kachan Aliaksandr, HC Gomel (BLR)
17. Makritski Viacheslau, HC Shinnik (BLR)
18. Malinouski Raman, HC Khimik (BLR)
19. Maliauka Siarhei, HC Neman (BLR)
20. Remezov Nikita, HC Neman (BLR)
21. Siomachkin Aliaksandr, HC Keramin Minsk (BLR)
22. Silik Ilya, St. Jerome Panthers (LHJAAAQ)
23. Stas Siarhei, HC Shinnik (BLR)
24. Susla Mikalai, HC Gomel (BLR)
25. Famin Aliaksandr, Val-dor Foures (WHL)
26. Feaktsistau Mikita, HC Neman (BLR)
1. Johan Gustafsson, BK Skare (SWE)
30. Jonas Gunnarsson, HV 71 Jonkoping (SWE)
2. Johan Alm, HC Frolunda (SWE)
3. Victor Berglind, IF Brynas (SWE)
4. Adam Almquist, HV 71 Jonkoping (SWE)
5. Nlis Andersson, IF Bjorkloven (SWE)
6. Karl Johansson, IF Brynas (SWE)
7. Patrik Nemeth, IK AIK (SWE)
8. Petter Granberg, AIK Skelleftea (SWE)
9. Mattias Backman, HC Linkopings (SWE)
11. Mathias Frazen, IF AIK (SWE)
12. Johan Larsson, IF Brynas (SWE)
14. Sebastian Ottosson, HC Linkoping (SWE)
15. Adam Pettersson, AIK Skelleftea (SWE)
16. Ludvig Rensfeldt, IF Brynas (SWE)
17. Joakim Nordstrom, IK AIK (SWE)
18. Jesper Fasth, HV 71 Jonkoping (SWE)
19. Erik Thorell, BK Skare (SWE)
20. Jonathan Johansson, HC Frolunda (SWE)
21. Victor Ohman, Malmo Redhawks (SWE)
22. Calle Jarnkrok, IF Brynas (SWE)
23. Johan Sundstrom, HC Frolunda (SWE)
Texas HS Update
We are a few weeks into the AT&T Metroplex HS Hockey League. In the Gold Tier, the Allen Eagles are on top with a perfect 4-0-0 record. Just below them is a gridlock of teams with 6 points which are seperate 2nd through 5th. One of the big surprizes is the Flower Mound Jagaurs as the defending league champions at 1-1-2 which sit in 7th place and have played in 3 OT games already this season. Bringing up the bottom of the Gold Tier, include Highland Park which are still winless after finishing 4-19-1 last season.
As for the invindual races, Zack Halle is leading the scoring race with 8 points which include 6 assists, while players like Mitchell Rausch from Flower Mound and Marcel Toure for SL Carroll are just behind them with 7 points so far this season.
In the Silver Division, the Denton Co. Spartans are looking very strong so far with a perfect 5-0-0 record and will be looking to run away with the Central Division with a 5 point lead over SL Carroll.
In the East, Garland ISD has looked very strong after being out for a couple of years are 4-0-0 with a strong +17 GD with Richardson ISD just 2 points and are looking very storng. A very imporant game could be coming up just before Thanksgiving as Richardson will play Garland on November 21 and could play a huge roll towards who's going to have control of the East Division.
Out West, Keller and Midlothian are going to be running away with the division as Keller, Arlington Martin and HEB/Birdville will be struggling this season.
Here's a look at the current standings in D/FW.
1. Allen 4 GP 4-0-0 8 PTS 20-12
2. SL Carroll 4 GP 2-0-2 6 PTS 24-12
3. Coppell 4 GP 3-1-0 6 PTS 16-13
4. Frisco ISD 4 GP 3-1-0 6 PTS 18-18
5. Plano Senior 4 GP 3-1-0 6 PTS 13-4
6. Dallas Jesuit 4 GP 2-2-0 4 PTS 6-10
7. Flower Mound 4 GP 1-1-2 4 PTS 11-14
8. Mckinney ISD 4 GP 1-2-1 3 PTS 12-21
9. Plano West 4 GP 1-3-0 2 PTS 10-17
10. Highland Park 4 GP 0-3-1 1 PTS 4-13
1. Keller ISD 4 GP 4-0-0 8 PTS 25-8
2. Midlothian 4 GP 3-1-0 6 PTS 19-11
3. Arlington Martin 5 GP 1-4-0 2 PTS 16-21
4. Mansfield ISD 4 GP 1-3-0 2 PTS 9-21
5. HEB/Birdville 4 GP 1-3-0 2 PTS 7-21
1. Denton Co. Spartans 5 GP 5-0-0 10 PTS 30-12
2. SL Carroll 4 GP 2-1-1 5 PTS 10-8
3. Grapevine 4 GP 2-2-0 4 PTS 16-21
4. FM Marcus 4 GP 2-2-0 4 PTS 17-16
5. Colleyville Heritage 4 GP 1-1-2 4 PTS 12-16
1. Garland ISD 4 GP 4-0-0 8 PTS 24-7
2. Richardson ISD 4 GP 3-1-0 6 PTS 18-13
3. Plano East 4 GP 2-2-0 4 PTS 20-14
4. Bishop Lynch 4 GP 1-2-1 3 PTS 9-16
5. Rockwall 3 GP 1-2-0 2 PTS 20-22
6. Plano West 5 GP 1-4-0 2 PTS 15-30
7. Plano Senior 4 GP 1-3-0 2 PTS 8-18
Gameday Preview: Texas Stars v. San Antonio Rampage - * Texas Stars * *San Antonio Rampage* 33-22-7-3, 76 pts, .585 v. 31-25-10-0, 72 pts, .545 #4 Pacific Division...
9 hours ago